Monday, October 22, 2007

First pass (and gratitude lists)



Here's my second "just go for it" post....I want to quickly pass on a handy hint, and also record that i have written the first draft of my crappy failure article (for publication outside the US). It meanders, it doesn't really have a theme. It's a good first pass at a potential failure.




Here's the handy hint: write down, before you go to sleep, five things you appreciate, or feel grateful for. Do this every night for a week. Before you do, take a moment to record how you're feeling about life now and in general. Today specifically, the last week, the last month. Briefly, no novels or soliloquies.



I don't want to say why exactly. Just try it. It's cool. It can be surprising.


If you do, would love to hear your thoughts at the end of the week. Or rather, your state of mind. I'm about to write mine..hmmm:




1. I had a lovely breakfast this morning with raspberries, yogurt, cereal and watermelon.


2. I spoke to the coordinator for the Positive Psychology course, giving me some new ideas on how to approach it, and some new challenges too.


3. I decided against going to meditation because I was too tired. This was good, because I was able to stay late at work to help out, and because I was able to chat to Sarah later that night.


4. I actually wrote some of my crappy article.


5. My friend Aaron emailed me today, as did my Dad. Two rarely received emails, both welcome and appreciated.




Gratuitous picture (actually am so tired there was no pun intended but what the hey), then sleep for me...


(a candy floss tree at the Rangers Ice Hockey game)







No comments: